Catton Parish Council Minutes
Minutes August 2012
CATTON PARISH COUNCIL
The Minutes of the Meeting of the Catton Parish Council held in the Catton Village Hall at 7.30 pm Thursday 2nd August 2012.
1. Present: The Chair Councillor G Peel and Councillors T Stevens, S Lane and C Merry. Apologies for absence were received from Councillor S Sharpe.
2. To co-opt a new Councillor. Councillor Stevens proposed that Anne Rawlings be co-opted onto the Parish Council; this was seconded by Councillor Lane and all present voted in favour. The Clerk will arrange for the forms to be completed.
3. The minutes for the meeting of 5th July 2012 were confirmed as correct and signed. Matters’ arising there from to be dealt with under the relevant heading of the Agenda as the Agenda is progressed.
4. Declaration of Interest. The Parish Council (model Code of Conduct) Order 2012.
• To record any declarations of pecuniary interests by any Member in respect of any item on this agenda. There were no declarations of pecuniary interests.
• To record any declarations of non-pecuniary interests by any Member in respect of any item on this agenda. Councillor Lane declared a non-pecuniary interest in Item 7, Planning.
5. Open Forum.
• Sarah Gilbertson joined the meeting to discuss the website. A number of examples were shown to Councillors that Sarah has designed and she offered to look into updating and modernising the current Parish Council one. The Clerk is to contact Pepik and establish whether the FTP login details can be released.
• Tom Selke addressed the Parish Council regarding Crow’s Nest Farm which he has an interest in buying. Council Lane advised him to contact Chris Hodgson at County Hall for advise on his plans.
6. East Riding of Yorkshire Council Items of Interest. Councillor Lane has reported the blocked drain on Church Lane and asked for the gully to be cleaned.
Notice of Decision
• DC/12/02125/PLF/WESTWW/GA1 Erection of first floor extension to rear at 3 Appletree Cottages, Main Street, Low Catton, YO41 1EA for Ms Sarah Hales. This application has been refused.
8. Highways and Footways.
• Village Taskforce. There has been some work undertaken to the pothole in Church Lane. The Clerk is to report the numerous potholes between High Catton and Stamford Bridge. The ‘Concealed Entrance’ sign which has been placed without permission on the grassed triangle in Low Catton is to be reported to the Taskforce.
• High Catton speeding issues. Councillor Peel reported that the Clerk had had a ‘difficult conversation’ with Patrick Mackey from ERYC regarding the request for the seven day speed survey. Councillor Peel emailed PM, a copy of which was read out at the meeting along with the response. The Parish Council are currently on the waiting list for gateway treatment and therefore no survey will be required.
9. Environment and Community Matters.
• Community Involvement. There were no matters for discussion.
• Community Partnership Forum. The Clerk attended the recent CPF which she found very informative; she is to ask for a list of dates for forthcoming meeting in order for a representative from Catton to attend.
• Community Led Parish Plan. There were no matters for discussion.
• Nursery Court. Chevin have written to Anne Jackson with a summary of the meeting held with the residents; she has also received a schedule of work and confirmation that they will stand the costs of the works and monitor the system for twelve months. Councillors agreed that this was a positive step forward.
• Parish Website. Once the Clerk has heard from Pepik she will contact Sarah Gilbertson.
• Victorian Street Lamps. There were no matters for discussion.
• Dog Waste. The Clerk has still not received a response from ERYC.
10. Education. There were no matters for discussion.
11. Finance. Payment was authorised on the following accounts:
• K Robinson – Clerk salary August – £227.46. Proposed by Councillor Lane and seconded by Councillor Peel.
• Review the interim accounts. The interim accounts were revived.
• Local Grants Fund. The Clerk is order two green 370 litre salt bins from Glasdon; one for Townend Farm and the other for Smackdam Bridge.
12. Communication. There will be no entry in the September edition.
13. Councillors Questions. There were no matters for discussion.
14. Administration Matters.
• Correspondence Received. There were no matters for discussion.
• Councillor Vacancy. The Clerk has advised ERYC of the resignation of Councillor Rigby; confirmation has been received that the vacancy can be filled by co-option and posters have been put on both boards.
• The next meeting will be held on 6th September 2012 at 7.30 pm in Catton Village Hall. As there was no further business the meeting was closed at 9.15pm.